Jan 2, 2009

Raven-Symoné Album Review


Whenever I am driving around with someone in my car and they always ask me "whose this?" because I listen to a lot of different artists. Most recently I was playing Raven-Symoné's album that came out in 2008 simply titled Raven-Symoné, which is one of my favorite albums of 2008. Like I have said before I feel she has really appealed to the gay audience with this album. Yes she automatically gets slapped as a Disney artist because of her past association. But shes a grown ass woman now let us move on.

This album definitely shows a grown up Raven and I love it. On this album she has the slow ballads and at the same time she has the club bangers. She worked with Sean Garrett who produced Beyonce's album. All the songs are really good except for "Double Dutch Bus" which is a song especially for the younger audience but here's the track list and my review for each song.

1. that girl (got it girl) 9/10
She starts off with a club banger and I love love love this song. The beat is of course is on point

2. anti-love song 7/10
A ballad that isn't so bad, I am not the biggest fan of slow r&b songs but I can definitely appreciate this one.

3. in the pictures 7/10
Busting out with the acoustic guitar on this song its not bad but I could live without it

4. what are you gonna do? 7/10
Another club banger really nice!

5. green 8/10
Oh yes, Show me what you got!!! Love the chorus

6. love me or hate me 8/10
Definitely hitting the R&B wall with this one its pretty good

7. in your skin 5/10
I have mixed emotions about this. Love the intro for this song but it fades away halfway

8. stupid 9/10
I get a "look bitches...." vibe from this song and I love it, kind of cunty

9. girl get it 9/10
Yet another club song that gay guys and straight girls can definitely relate to!!!

10. keep a friend 8/10
Another classic R&B song from Raven

11. shorts like me 10/10
My favorite song on the entire album!!! This is the cunty side of Raven

12. Hollywood life 9/10
I definitely can relate to this song which is why I like it so much

13. double dutch bus 3/10
This is the song I mentioned about being for the young ones which is why I don't like it but I guess she had to do it lol.

14. face To face [Australia Bonus Track]
I just heard this song today actually and I really like it. Listen to it below!

0 comments: