Jan 6, 2009

Another Album A Gay Man Needs To Own In 2009


In 2008 the disco diva returned with her album titled 'Crayons.' If you don't know who it was then that proves you had no idea this album came out and you have officially lost 2 gay points. The diva I am referring to is none other than Miss Donna Summer!! This album is new material from the queen in seventeen years and she is still keeping up with the Jones' transcending decades. This album has a couple ballads, retro-pop songs and extremely dance oriented tunes as well. I blast this in my car whenever possible. Here's my input on each song:

1. Stamp Your Feet 8/10
This is the pop side of Donna. It isn't a bad song, it is very catchy. Its the lead single from the album.

2. Mr. Music 9/10
Donna gets a little hip hop on this song and I love it!

3. Crayons Featuring Ziggy Marley 7/10
This song has a reggae feel to it because Ziggy Marley appears in it, I am not a big fan of it but its still pretty decent
4. The Queen Is Back 10/10
Beyonce is running around here talking about shes a "Diva" and all this shit in her song...TAKE NOTES BITCH! This is how you reclaim your thrown with a track like "The Queen Is Back." This is my favorite song on the entire album. Like the lyrics say


People screaming
That you want your diva
I always told you
That I'd never leave you
From the beginning
It's a long career
Guess who's back!?
Guess who's back1?

Keep on sayin'
That you want to see her
Look in the mirror
And you want to be her
From the beginning
It's a long career
Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?
Woooo



5. Fame (The Game) 9/10
This is the bit more pop/electro side of Miss Summers and its definitely a gay anthem.

6. Sand On My Feet 7/10
I like my divas to be DIVA's an banging out the pop tunes. This is an acoustic ballad and its not what I expected.
7. Drivin' Down Brazil 6/10
This is one of those filler songs lol.

8. I'M A Fire 9/10
Gurl break out them heels and go to the disco tech! This is the big dance track from this album

9. Slide Over Backwards 7/10
A little too country for me lol another filler song

10. Science Of Love 10/10
Disco re-invented! Love this track

11. Be Myself Again 8/10
Another ballad that is alright

12. Bring Down The Reign 8/10
Nice way to end an album but not a favorite of mine.

0 comments: